About Dakshin and it’s Philosophy
Our restaurant name "Dakshin" means "SOUTH" in the ancient Indian language, Sanskrit. The name of the restaurant was chosen based on our desire to serve authentic South Indian cuisine that was not familiar in Japan when we opened Dakshin Higashi Nihonbashi branch in 2009, January and Yaesu branch in 2010 October.
South Indian cuisine, which incorporates the traditional Indian healthy living method "Ayurveda" with lots of spices and herbs has an outstanding medicinal effect. South Indian cuisine is also known for its low-calorie and healthy dish centered on vegetables and beans that have a good beauty effect which cleans the body from inside.
Our chefs are trained at five-star hotels in India will serve Indian cuisine beyond your imagination.
We also have a wide variety of unique Indian alcoholic beverages and other drinks.
Please visit us for our special meals with your family and also during fun gatherings with friends.
All our staff is looking forward to your visit.
Trips and Tours Reservation
* We welcome group reservations during travel and tours.
* We will guide our guests in selecting the right course menu or set meals according to the budget, preferences, or guest number.
* Please feel free to contact us for any assistance.
About Foreign Language Support
* All of our menus are in two languages, Japanese and English.
* Our floor staff can speak Japanese, English, Hindi, Urdu, and Tamil.
* Because of this, even overseas customers can enjoy the meal comfortably without the language barrier.
* At Dakshin, we arrange meals according to customers’ needs of various religions and lifestyles such as Halal, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Jain.
* In addition, we take suitable measures if customers have any food allergies.
* Please consult the staff at the time of reservation. We will support you in all possible ways so that the customer can have the best meal with us.
The Deep World Of Indian Cuisine
In Japan, generally many people think of Indian food as only Naan and Curry. However, in India, there are many other delicious dishes such as Dosa (crepe), Idly (steamed bread), Biryani (spiced rice), etc. We offer a wide variety of Indian cuisines like local dishes, simple menus made at home in South India, Tandoor dishes baked in a large kiln, or feasts that can only be eaten on special occasions. Please take this opportunity to enjoy the deep world of traditional Indian cuisine at Dakshin.
If you have any questions about the meal content, the ingredients used, how to eat, etc., please feel free to talk to our floor staff.
We will do our best to help you enjoy your Indian meal even more.
Freshly Made and Freshly Baked
* At Dakshin, we make everything from curry, fried food, to kiln-baked dishes only after receiving an order from the customer.
* No preservatives or colorings are used. Always, our guests can enjoy freshly made hot food.
* At Dakshin, we prepare the food only after we receive the order even for online same as dine-in or takeout orders. And for online orders, we have specialized Instant Freezing Machine facilities to maintain the deliciousness and freshness of the food. We strive to maintain the taste and quality offered at Dakshin restaurants even for online orders. All our kitchen chefs wholeheartedly cook and serve each dish.
Commitment To Ingredients
Various spices and herbs that can be called the life of Indian cuisine are all imported directly from India. From the selected meat and seafood, the chef carefully removes any excess fat or bone and marinate nicely with spices so that customers who "Don’t like the smell of Mutton" or "Eating fish with the bone" can also enjoy Dakshin's dishes. Please enjoy easy-to-eat and aromatic Indian food to your heart's content.
Five-Star Hotel Chef
Dakshin's chefs are truly Indian cuisine masters who were trained at five-star hotels in India. They were trained to serve guests of various nationalities and races. We aim to create delicious food even for those who can’t eat spicy foods or beginners to Indian food.
Of course, the spicy taste just like authentic Indian food can also be served. Please have your own Indian travel experience at Dakshin by informing our staff of your taste preferences.
At Dakshin, we are taking measures to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19).
Measures Inside Dakshin
* Hand sanitizer with a thermometer is installed at the entrance.
* Social distance is taken care of by opening the space between seats, creating partitions, and installing vinyl curtains at the cash register.
* The restaurant is always ventilated. * Tables, equipment, and menus are regularly disinfected. * Hand sanitizer is kept on each table. Please use it before the meal.
Staff Infection Prevention Measures
* All Dakshin staff have completed two vaccinations
* In addition, the staff always wears a mask, periodically wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.
* The staff temperature is measured every day and we try to maintain the good health condition.
Both Dakshin branches are registered as “Infection Control Declaration Sticker” by Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Requests to customers to prevent the spread of infection
* Please use hand sanitizer and measure the temperature at the entrance.
* Kindly visit us another time if the temperature is 37.1 ° C or higher or if the health condition is not good.
* We may limit the number of guests depending on the crowd.
* In general, the guest including children (2 years old and over) should wear masks.
* Please wear a mask except when eating or drinking, and refrain from talking in loud voice.